Western Iowa Survivors of Homicide program (WISH Unit) works with families and survivors of homicide victims. The program was developed to ensure survivors’ rights, safety, and healing were given priority and quality care. When a tragedy strikes, we understand the traumatic experience often carries great physical, emotional or financial harm.
Our highly trained and experienced personnel will work with survivors in navigating the justice system, recovering financial losses where possible, and aiding in the healing process. Our professional and compassionate staff members will work with families and survivors through:
- Emergency Crisis Support
- Court accompaniment
- Liaison with Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Case coordination through investigation, prosecution, and post-sentencing
- Special accommodations for family members
- Assist family and friends in filing Iowa Crime Victim Compensation forms
- Post-conviction support
- Community education and professional trainings
- Referrals and Resources
The WISH Unit currently serves victims and survivors in 29 Iowa counties.